A10 Networks Expands Portfolio of Security Solutions with the Introduction of the New Thunder Convergent Firewall
November 10, 2015
- SAN JOSE, Calif. – Nov. 10, 2015 – A10 Networks (NYSE: ATEN), a leader in application networking, today announced the A10 Thunder Convergent Firewall (CFW); a standalone security product that leverages the ACOS Harmony platform with cutting-edge innovations. Thunder CFW key benefits include:
- High-performance Secure Web Gateway with integrated explicit proxy, URL filtering and SSL Insight. It enables security policy enforcement for client outbound HTTP/HTTPS traffic.
- High-performance data center firewall (DCFW) with integrated network denial-of-service (DoS) protection and Server Load Balancing (SLB).It provides Layer 4 stateful firewall and Layer 7 application-level gateway.
- High-performance Gi/SGi firewall with integrated network DoS and Carrier Grade NAT (CGN). The Gi/SGi firewall protects the mobility infrastructure with advanced policy enforcement.
- High-performance IPSec site-to-site VPN.It helps enterprises to secure application traffic between sites and it enables global enterprises to use public networks to transport application traffic securely.
- aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW. aGalaxy provides device management, configuration, reporting and troubleshooting for Thunder CFW.
- “I’m thrilled to announce the industry’s first solution that consolidates multiple converged security solutions in one package,” said Lee Chen, CEO of A10 Networks. “Thunder Convergent Firewall provides a highly effective, highly scalable all-inclusive converged secured application network platform to protect organizations’ assets. Thunder CFW is a testament to the power and versatility of the ACOS Harmony platform and we’ve worked with our customers in implementing some of the key security modules.”
- The explosion of mobile devices and apps—plus the move to SDN, NFV and cloud—is driving the need for a new type of firewall that consolidates network security modules, SSL Insight, ADC and CGN in a reduced data center footprint. The firewalls of the future need to be high performance, have built-in SSL visibility, and handle ever-increasing data traffic. Thunder CFW offers a converged security solution for service providers, cloud providers, and large enterprises; benefits include:
- Achieve unprecedented performance and scale in a compact form factor: Firewall performance leverages ACOS for over 150 Gbps throughput and 5 million CPS in a one rack-unit appliance.
- Lower OPEX and CAPEX by converging security and application delivery on a single appliance: Combines security and application networking, thereby reducing costs, latency and data center footprint.
- Streamline and automate operations with a truly programmable platform:Leveraging aGalaxy centralized management and the ACOS Harmony platform with standards-based RESTful APIs to providing access to telemetry data and all aspects of configuration.
- Gain advanced URL classification: Thunder CFW has classified more than 13 billion URLs into 83 categories to provide outstanding scale and accuracy.
- Efficiency with single pass SSL decryption and SSL inspection for multiple devices:Best-in-class decryption capabilities enable security devices to process clear text traffic.
- Expand security efficacy and extend the life of existing security infrastructure:Expand and offload functionality by adding SSL Insight to existing firewalls for full SSL visibility, URL filtering and threat intelligence processing; data center firewall and Gi/SGi firewall policy enforcement.
- Additional Information
- The A10 Thunder Convergent Firewall (CFW) product availability will be in Q1 2016. aGalaxy Centralized Management System support for Thunder CFW will be available in Q2 2016.